What is it about?
At a time when freedom is granted, yet not given, the idea of being free to work has developed quite dynamically.
We could say that the concept of Work from Home often works for those in technical fields that involve computers. With the growth of remote in the last 10 years and increasing net speeds, lower costs, cloud storage, live streaming and better hardware, it’s very much possible to conduct real-time operations.
How to find one?
A simple google search with the location settings turned on could give you a head start. Companies generally look for core skills such as proficiency in but not limited to, the following:
- E-Commerce Platforms, BootStrap 4, WordPress, etc.
- Responsive Web Design, Adobe Illustrator etc.
Several startups and well-known companies in cities like Bengaluru, Pune, Delhi and others provide web development jobs with work from home privileges, web development internships and freelance projects. All you must do is make the right choice at the right time!
- Flexibility- Working as a web developer allows you to work from the comfort of your home. If you are an established web developer, it is likely that you are also an established manager of your own time and you have the ability to deliver to your clients what they need and when they need it.
- Privacy- Working from home gives you the opportunity to be in your own ‘zone’. Corporate noise is not there and neither are the disturbing elements among those that would otherwise surround you.
- Work-Life Balance- Working from home may make you happier and less stressed overall. You can spend time with your family, kids and pets too! According to Leadership IQ Survey, 2016, people who work from home are also twice as likely to be passionate about their jobs than those who work on-site.
- Procrastination- The disadvantages of being a web developer from home basically mirror said advantages. Being too flexible might lead to your detriment as you become distracted and get diverted from the schedule that you must follow to perform at home.
- Burnout- Sometimes, too much of productivity can lead to a complete burnout or shutdown of your working state. You work so much that later, all you want to do is not work and your motivation continues to dwindle as you start to get annoyed by the very thing you felt you were passionate about.
- Isolation- In today’s fast-paced world, relationships and friends are hard to come by and working together in close proximity can often lead to unexpected links, alliances, rapports, sharing of ideas and maybe new opportunities. Of course, this is subjective and varies from person to person. However, we cannot deny that there itself lies the purpose of an ‘office’.
Want to work as a web developer from home? Get ready to develop yourself in ways you might not have imagined. Web Development is something that requires focus, concentration and serenity and you may very well get those in abundance inside your house. However as stated above, this can lead to certain hiccups along the way. It’s not for everyone but you won’t know that unless you try. You should ensure one thing though: Work hard and you’ll earn what you deserve, wherever you may be.