Do you remember, when you were small, you had a personal diary where you would write about various things that would happen in your daily life?
A blog is just a modernised version of that personal diary. But this is something that you share with the public too (anonymously or not). Business organisations use it to promote their business by reaching out to their customers.
Why is blogging so popular?
- Blogging does not require any pre-requisite skill set. Anyone, with some writing ability can write a blog.
- Blog posts help you to share your thoughts and useful information to your audience. Thoughts regarding your hobbies and interests may inspire someone reading your posts out there.
- You can make money online from a blog which has a large audience. With the proper money-making strategies, many bloggers even have blogging as their primary source of income.
- In the case of a business organisation, digital marketing has grown to be an important marketing tool and blogging shall not be excluded from the same. A well-written blog will attract customers to the business.
- Although vlogging is also a way to share thoughts and experiences, for many it may not be a comfortable way to showcase their life. Therefore they can write blogs instead.
Benefits of Blogging
Need and importance of blogs in today’s world are immense. It brings many benefits to individuals as well as medium and small business firms.
- Individuals who will be applying for a new job will have a competitive advantage over other candidates for the position, provided they have a good blog site. The reason is this blog site will act as a positive point in the resume.
- Since practice makes perfect, people looking to improve their writing skills can do so by writing a lot of blogs.
- In the case of business, blogs can be an effective marketing tool to drive traffic to the website and build up a consumer base. Good blogs will help the customers be engaged and they will think of the business more in case the need arises.
- Blogs are a good way to express some stories or thoughts that may be cooped up inside. It is a platform where the public can be addressed and feedback for the same can be received in the comments section of the blog post.
- As far as money is concerned, blogging is also a way to make money online as a source of passive income. If proper effort is put into a blog website it may even turn into a small business.
For a blog to keep thriving certain objectives of blogs such as—reaching traffic, generating a particular amount of income, bringing value to existing audiences, etc. has to be fulfilled so that the starting points and the end results can be reconciled after a period of time by the blogger.
In this digital age blogs are popular now and will remain popular for a long period of time.