Want to earn some money online without even stepping out of your home, but do not know the way? Well tutoring is an easy way out in this case.
Be it getting better in mathematics, learning a new language or acquiring a new hobby such as the guitar, almost everyone is on the lookout for tutors in order to get better at their respective fields. If you are good in a particular area or multiple areas then you can become a tutor with a bit of planning and practice.
In today’s world, the development of various online tutoring sites like Byjus, Superprof and UrbanPro, has brought in a new era of tutoring facilities. Finding prospective students have become very easy because of the presence of complex algorithms which act as a connector between the tutor and his or her student.
Moreover, while tutoring via traditional methods, that is, visiting the student’s house or the student visiting the tutor’s house, is applicable, online tutoring has also made a good name for itself in the market. This is because there are certain benefits coupled along with online tutoring :
- None of the parties needs to travel from one place to the other. Lessons can be taken from the home. Presence of the internet, a computer or even a smartphone and relevant applications like skype, hangouts or GoToMeeting is enough for this system to work.
- A lot of time is saved, which would otherwise have been wasted travelling by either of the parties.
- Just like a normal classroom, multiple students can be taught at a single time, maximising time utilisation for both parties.
- Cost for tables and chairs is also saved in the process.
Earning as an online tutor
- First and foremost one has to select the niche in which tutoring classes will be provided. If you need a little help—this should be something you are good at with a good grasp over the subject.
- The next step will be searching for online tutoring jobs. Nowadays there are hundreds of job portals providing relevant jobs after a profile has been created. Some of these online tutoring sites include:
- Then one has to just wait for the online tutoring jobs for teachers to be posted in the platform and a text or email will pop up as a notification. In the follow-up, one has to contact the student.
- If one does not like to wait, there is an alternative. Pre-record the lessons can also be provided to the different students. Some of the sites that facilitate this type of system are—Unacademy, skillshare, Coursera, khan academy, and other such similar sites. In this system, there is generally a forum created where the students can post their queries.
Needless to say that the initial stages of online tutoring jobs for teachers will be a bit slow. One has to depend on references and testimonials from family and friends. With a bit of patience and perseverance, one will thrive in it.